Poetry

>> Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Well, I tried:

Not a Poet And I Know It
by Becca

Today there was sun
and chammomile tea
I got out of my room
to be seen and to see.

"Comin' out of my cage
and I've been doin' just fine"
is the lyric I think,
so those words aren't mine.

Not very good at this poetry lark,
but thought I would try
and at least make a mark.

I turned on the light
to write this all down.
Adjective, verb,
conjunction and noun

Getting this far,
I think it's apparent
why poems are something
I usually dare't.

Is that even a word?
I think that I'll stop
before I get caught
by the poetry cop.

The Visit
by Becca

No one ever visits
the sick anymore.
Why am I the one going
to other people's door?

This isn't a game,
it's not trick or treat.
Life isn't so tidy,
or simple, or neat.

All alone by myself,
day after day.
I would love to just see you.
Please, won't you stay?

I don't really think
I'm asking that much;
not making excuses,
not using a crutch

Almost five years
is a long time to wait.
So you'll find I'm still here,
it's never too late

To just drop by
for a quick spot of yea
to help pass the time,
together with me.

5 comments:

Dragonsally April 7, 2011 at 1:37 AM  

Hah, I think you underestimate your poetry skillz.

Unknown April 7, 2011 at 9:44 AM  

I agree with Dragonsally! These are both wonderful and thought provoking.

Arwenn April 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM  

Those are great! The first one reminded me of Shel Silverstein.

Becca April 7, 2011 at 4:32 PM  

thanks, ya'll. This was one of those flukes where poetry actually worked for me.

Chris Steffen April 7, 2011 at 7:43 PM  

Keep writing Becca, I enjoy your work. I need to get some of my new stuff posted on FB too.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP