The Hard Life=Blessing

>> Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I saw Dr. Smith today (chemical dependency counselor) and after we talked I realized that I had done and was doing the things that were so important to me to get back; things that narcotics had made difficult or impossible. I had been able to be there for Gina when she was going through that bad week. I also gave decent advice, I feel. I had gotten my friends out for a night on the town and had had a blast, even getting asked out. Those things would never have happened while I was on narcotics.

NOTE TO SELF: You don’t want to exchange this drug-free life for anything. The times when it’s tough are temporary. The straight-edge fun and freedom is forever.

2 comments:

Unknown September 2, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

Thank you for being there for me! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you! (I owe you one!)

Becca September 2, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

You've been there for me for years. I don't think you owe me anything. If anything, I still owe you! And being a reliable friend was tiring, yes, but what a wonderful feeling! I hadn't been able to be reliable in years. It really boosted my self-confidence and gave me another solid reason to not go back to narcotics and to continue fighting the way my pain/illness tries to bring me down.

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP