I'm a Bitch

>> Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I have a really hard time understanding people who don’t want/like to be single. Like Miss Read and various other characters, I hold my single life dear. Who would want to give up that freedom? Not that I won’t date or never get married. I’m sure there are guys out there who will enrich my life and let me keep my free spirit. The point is, being single is great fun so please people, take some time and enjoy it.
Also, if the guy was a jerk and broke up with you jerk-fashion then get over it. Don’t do him any credit by continuing to keep on your leash and collar.
Aprille and I talked about how, for us, it takes a very short time to get over things and it is often frustrating when we are talking/listening to people who can’t let things the frick go. At least Aprille and I were able to leave the room and do something productive (peeling potatoes).
Oh, and people, please expand your musical horizons. For the love of God.
Apparently I can’t be nice, even about my friends. I guess that’s what journaling is for. I’m sure I’ll have this all thrown back in my face someday by some unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances.

4 comments:

Rayne September 4, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

I completely agree on knowing when it's time to let things go. I know people who are still angry about high school and use that as an excuse for their lack of success or their angry behavior now.
You have to let go. If your hands are still clenched around the past miseries and pain and so on and so forth, then they are not open to catch something new.

LadyDraconix September 7, 2010 at 3:20 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
LadyDraconix September 7, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

Why is it so easy for us as humans to hang onto the anger and the pain and let it turn us spiteful and bitter, but so hard for us to let the beautiful things in life nurture our faith and belief?

I think maybe sometimes we mistake positivity for naivete. So we see people who determinedly pursue upbeat attitudes as unrealistic and blind. So, as a result, we quickly find ourselves displeased with our circumstances - seeking out and inflating the hurts and disturbances, all the while feeling proud of how clearly we see the world.

I don't have a solution for that, clearly. But you both made me think, and I appreciate that :)

Becca September 8, 2010 at 2:07 PM  

Wonderful thoughts, both of you! I normally wouldn't have posted a blog this offensive and personal but I thought that other people might relate and have some interesting thoughts on the subject. I'm so glad it worked out. You both made me think, which is something I haven't done enough of lately ;)

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Free Blogger Templates Autumn Leaves by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP